Leave of Absence and return to school
Leave of Absence
- Freshmen can apply for a leave of absence a year after enrollment (excluding category C students)
- The period for one leave of absence application covers 2 semesters, and the total leave of absences cannot exceed 6 semesters.
- A student may apply for extension for the leave of absence only when the case is deemed inevitable due to diseases and other circumstances.
- Students who wish to apply for a general leave of absence should visit the School Affairs Support Team(학사지원팀) with their student ID during the application period (same as the registration period), and after should also visit the Office of International Affairs (Int’l Student Support) for visa-related guidance.
Returning to University
- To return to school after a leave of absence, students must visit School Affairs Team(학사지원팀) with their student ID during the registration and return application period.
- The student must enter Korea after obtaining a C-3-1 (some countries only) or D-2 visa.
- Visa change in Korea from another type of visa to D-2 is not possible, so students are required to leave the country again to obtain the D-2 visa after consulting Int’l Student Support.
- Students who wish to return to school must contact the Int’l Student Support until the beginning of February/August for visa consultation.
* Refer to basic information on Leave of Absence and returnopen_in_new Refer to basic information on Leave of Absence and return
* For recent information: search ‘휴학’ or ‘복학’ in [Student Notice] at the university’s main homepage.open_in_new Go to notification to students
- If a student’s GPA from the previous semester is below 1.75 or got “F” in more than two courses, they will be put on academic probation.
- If a student is placed on academic probation for two consecutive semesters they will have a meeting with the head professor of the department. If it’s placed consecutively three times, the student will be expelled.
- Particularly, in the case of a leave of absence, being expelled, unauthorized absence, students can become classified as an illegal immigrant and therefore be forced to leave the country within 14 days.
* Refer to basic information on credit and GPA managementopen_in_new Refer to basic information on credit and GPA management
- A student who did not return within the scheduled period after taking leave of absence
- A student who did not complete all of their required courses within the specified period
- A student who was placed on academic probation for three consecutive semesters
※ When a student with a D-2 visa is expelled, the visa is cancelled regardless of its expiration date and the student must leave the country within 30 days.
Change of Major (Department Transfer)
- Int’l students are not allowed to change majors. In case a student would wish to change, they must drop out and apply again for the new major.
* Refer to basic information on plural degrees and minoropen_in_new Refer to basic information on plural degrees and minor
* For recent information: search ‘복수학위’ or ‘부전공’ in [Student Notice] at the university’s main homepage.open_in_new Go to notification to students
- Students can register up to 6 credits per seasonal semester
- Tuition is charged per credit
- The credits completed during the seasonal semester are irrelevant to the selection of scholarship students
* Refer to basic information on Summer/Winter semesteropen_in_new Refer to basic information on Summer/Winter semester
* For recent information: search ‘계절학기’ in [Student Notice] at the university’s main homepageopen_in_new Go to notification to students
Inquiry about school affairs
School Affairs Support Team (1F, Mun-Heon Hall)
Tel: 02-320-1026-7 (Certificate), 02-320-1037-9 (School register and GPA)