Skip Menu

Hongik University Office of International Affairs

Relevant Institutes

Guide to related agencies

Immigration Office

The office performs work in relation to stay in Korea such as issuance of visa and foreigner registration certificate, etc.

  • Immigration Office with jurisdiction over Hongik University : Seoul Southern Immigration Office
  • Address : 48, Magokseo 1-ro, Gangseo-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea (5 minutes of walking distance from Exit 1 of Subway #5 Magok Station)
  • Tel : 1345

Integrated Foreigner Guide Center 1345

1345 is the multilingual civil guide service to solve problems on the line without language barrier through guide to information and civil counseling for foreigners in Korea to adapt to Korean life. Professional counselors provide online service in 20 languages and also provide third-party translation service.

  • Counseling time: 09:00 – 22:00 on weekdays
    • Korean, English, and Chinese guide after 18:00
    • excluding Saturdays and holidays
  • Connection through 1345 regardless of general telephones and cellular phones in every place in Korea and through 82-1345 without area code in foreign countries
  • Counseling work : Counseling on visas, immigration/departure, foreigner registration, extension of stay period, invitation, acquisition of nationality, refugees, criminal reports, social integration education, foreigner-related support policies and inquiries to agencies, and support of report of sexual violence damages, etc.
  • Multilingual counseling담 : 20 languages including Korean, English, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, Mongolian, Russian, French, Spanish, Indonesian, Arabian, and Sri Lankan, etc.
    • Click 1345, click intended language number according ARS guide, and click * button.

Hi Korea

Hi Korea is the website of the electronic government (Government for Foreigner) which provides foreigners visiting Korea with information on investments, employment, dwelling, and life convenience, etc. Hi Korea provides services in four languages, i.e. Korean, English, Japanese, and Chinese, for immigration/departure civil affairs such as reservation of visit and extension of stay period, etc. by online method. Especially, the forms, instructions, and regulations, etc. related with foreigners are provided in detail.

  • Download of all kinds of application forms such a foreigner registration certificate and temporary employment, etc.
    1. 01Access the website of Hi Korea open_in_new Go to Hi Korea
    2. 02Quick menus
    3. 03Civil affairs forms

Integrated system for studying in Korea (Study in Korea)

Foreigners may identify various kinds of information on studying in Korea, learning Korean, and information on employment, etc.